Every year my mum makes these amazing Christmas pudding cookies. They taste absolutely incredible and exactly like Christmas pudding, but in cookie form, so I thought I’d share the recipe with you all! (And thanks to my mum for letting me ♥)
She used to buy something similar from a supermarket but they stopped selling them, so she decided to kinda invent her own recipe for these and I’m so glad she did! As always, anything below in italics is something I’ve added to the recipe!
- 175g butter
- 175g dark brown sugar (I only had light brown so I used that instead. Don’t use white sugar though, it doesn’t work)
- 225g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon bicarb
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 heaped tablespoons rum or brandy if you like it. If not, use milk. (I decided to try adding rum to my cookies and it worked really well – mum added milk to hers, she said they weren’t as good!)
- Dried fruit, enough to mix in but still allow mixture to hold together (I rang my Mum for clarification – about two handfuls of dried fruit!)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the spirit or milk and the dried fruit.
- Place small amounts on a greased baking tray with plenty of space between. (Roll the mixture in your hand before putting them on the baking tray)
- Flatten slightly with a fork (No idea why but it worked!)
- Bake at 180ºc for 10-12 minutes till golden.
- Cool on rack. Eat and enjoy!
- Time: 15 minutes prep + 10 mins cooking time + 5 minutes cooling time.
- Difficulty rating: The only difficulty was trying not to add too much rum! It’s such an easy recipe to follow and hardly took any time at all!
- Taste: I love these so much, they always make me think of my childhood when my mum used to make them (although saying that, she still does now) and they taste exactly like cookies and Christmas pudding! 😀
- Would I make it again?: Definitely! I think I’ll be making these every year from now on! 🙂
- Verdict: 5/5.
What do you think? Would you want to try a Christmas pudding cookie? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x