Following on from one of my most popular posts so far (5 reasons I won’t follow you on Twitter), I thought I’d share my list of reasons I won’t be following you on Instagram!
1. If you have no link: I spend my life on Twitter and I get excited when I see someone promoting their gorgeous Insta account. I go to click your link, but there isn’t one, you’ve just put your username. I’m lazy by nature so closing down the Twitter app, waiting for my phone to freeze, opening up Instagram, typing in your name and following you? Too much effort, soz, even if your pics are #goals.
2. You only posts inspirational quotes: I like the occasional one as much as the next person; sometimes a lovely one can make me smile for a few minutes; but sometimes if I’m in the mood from hell, I just scroll past hurriedly and mutter swears under my breath. I don’t want to feel like a magical unicorn. Besides, I want to see your pics of make-up and cats, the amazing sunset you captured last night and the doughnuts you bought from Krispy Kreme.
3. You’re a serial liker: You’ve liked pretty much every one of my photos; including that badly lit on taken back in December 2014 of the first Christmas dinner I ever cooked, but you’re not actually following me. I’m a bit cynical and assume you’re only doing it so I’ll pop over to your account and give you a follow for all the love you’ve given me. Nope. It’s probably not going to happen unless I really, really, really like your photos.
4. You don’t post anything but regrams: On the same lines as #2, I just find regrams really dull. And I’m more likely to follow the original accounts than I am you.
5. Your account is private: You might post the most beautiful flatlays in the world, but if I can’t see that before I click the follow button, I’m not going to commit myself. Ya know, just in case you post photos of clowns or trains or public bathrooms or dirty socks on the floor and then I’m stuck because I don’t want to unfollow you straight away or I’ll look like I’m judging your life choices. Even though I am. (Unless I know you or I know you on Twitter.)
What annoys you about Instagram accounts? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x