This is one of my newest favourite recipes; mostly because it takes so little time to do and it tastes really good!
The only thing I will say is that it might look healthy, but depending on which ingredients you pick up, it can take up a massive chunk of your daily saturate allowance! To check out all the details, click here. The recipe comes courtesy of Tesco Real Food.
- 250g (8oz) gnocchi (I used 500g because that’s how big the packets were and I didn’t want to split the pack 😛 )
- 75g (3oz) frozen peas
- 100g (3 1/2oz) frozen broad beans
- 125g pack asparagus
- 200g (7oz) half-fat crème fraîche
- handful fresh basil, leaves chopped (I used dried, it works just as well!)
- handful fresh mint, leaves chopped (I used dried, it works just as well!)
- 1/2 lemon, zested and squeezed
- 1 mozzarella ball, drained and torn
- 1 tbsp vegetarian hard cheese or Parmesan, finely grated (I forgot this bit! Ooops!)
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the gnocchi in a pan of boiling, salted water following the packet instructions. Drain.
- Add the peas, beans and asparagus to a saucepan. Bring it to the boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine the crème fraîche, herbs, lemon zest and juice in a bowl.
- Add the veg to the gnocchi, then stir in the crème fraîche mixture. Scatter over the mozzarella and hard cheese. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.
And it’s really that easy! It hardly takes any time at all and it tastes delicious. It serves 4 so I usually use the leftovers for lunch the next day 🙂
- Time: 5 minutes prep + 8 mins cooking time.
- Difficulty rating: Not difficult at all; it’s probably one of the easiest things I’ve cooked 🙂
- Taste: The melted mozzarella really makes this dish for me, and the asparagus. I love asparagus!!
- Would I make it again?: Absolutely, in fact I think this is now my fourth time making it. It’s definitely not a weekly dinner though as the cheese makes it quite fatty.
- Verdict: 4.5/5.
Have you tried baked gnocchi before? Would you give it a go after reading this? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x